Skip to main content

Seasickness on steroids ... what else

The "what else" from my jaundice bothered me a lot, because even after I returned to my normal colour, I still felt nauseous and had pains around my liver and pancreas, all pointing to possible serious pancreas problems.

So I went for an abdominal sonar. 

Had a good chat with the radiologist whilst she was dons the sonar. and the outcome:

No strange bumps of lesions on my pancreas, kidneys are fine, spleen is fine, liver is fine but a bit fatty. gallbladder and bile tubes swollen.

Conclusion: gallstone temporarily blocked the bile tubes and that caused the pain and nausea. 

The stone went through but it left me quite yellow and sick. Now the bile tube and some of the pancreatic tubes are inflamed and I have to wait it out. Fortunately I got some good meds so I can eat and sleep again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The heresy of worshiptainment | Mike Livingstone

The heresy of worshiptainment | Mike Livingstone : "More recently, David Platt has asked: “What if we take away the cool music and the cushioned chairs? What if the screens are gone and the stage is no longer decorated? What if the air conditioning is off and the comforts are removed? Would His Word still be enough for his people to come together?” (Radical)"

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word

Cooking Therapy

Recently, (the past year) I started cooking more and more, not only the basic home food, but some complicated dishes as well. And I enjoy it, I find it relaxing. When I am busy preparing something, I do not have time to thing about anything else. Cooking sort of became a necessity because my wife got provincial colours in Taekwondo and is preparing to attend the World Championships. She would take the meat out of the fridge in the afternoon, or start the dish and quite often I would prepare what I like or finish off the dish, ready when they return from their training session in the evening. But my cooking did not start off by accident. I spent two years in Mozambique as an expat where I had to cook for myself, and there I learnt the usefulness of a slow-cooker. Then in June 2014 I experienced a episode of burn-out. Big Time! Burn-out occurs when you are under prolonged stress and is characterised by total exhaustion, (physical, emotional and mental). You tend to loose interest ...